- Type: Conversation Assistant
- Location: Spain
- Duration: 9 months
- Deadline: 31-07-2013
Course DescriptionAs Conversation Assistant (CA) you will be assigned to an infant, primary or secondary or technical school (mostly infant and primary) mainly in Catalonia and you will assist with classes of children between the ages of 3 to 16.
The CA will help in the school 25 hours/week from Monday to Friday in accordance with the timetable provided and having the same holidays as the school.
The CA will assist the teacher and their specific responsibilities will be principally focused on reinforcing and improving the ability of the student in English.
Possible tasks you could be given, under the supervision of the teacher, include:
- Conversation practice
- Help in the language laboratory
- Help in the audiovisual rooms
- Help with oral exams
- Explaining the culture of your own country
- Stimulation of student’s speaking skills
- Playing English games, reading, songs
- Help with linguistic questions
- Help in other subjects apart from English such as science, art, sport.
- Preparing displays, complementary material, and conversation activities.
- Any other duty required in order to improve the ability of the student in English.
On a voluntary basis the CA can participate in extracurricular activities such as sport and cultural visits. The CA will be assigned a tutor from the school, who will help with the CA’s integration and attend to any problems they may have within the school and family.
The programme starts at the end of September 2013 and will finish at the end of 2014.
You will receive an allowance of 150€ a month in the form of a grant (accommodation, food and transport to and from the school are covered) . You will cover the cost of flights at the beginning and end of the programme and for any Holidays during the programme.