- Type: MS
- Location: Minnesota
- Duration: 1 Year
- Deadline: Ongoing
Systems Engineering: an applications-oriented Masters program designed to enable the student to transition from the role of a domain-expert Engineer to a Systems Engineer, and is intended for people who need to design, develop and manage large and complex systems in industry. Major emphasis is placed on System Design, Verification & Validation, Simulation, and Project Management.
The Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering is intended for people who need to design, develop and manage large complex systems in our modern world.
Systems Engineering is defined for this degree as a creative human activity in which engineers design and develop complex interconnections of devices, sub-systems, and components to meet human needs. The activity involves, in general, the following:
- Determination of the need
- Developing possible basic conceptual designs
- Determination of what existing devices and systems might meet the need
- Development of the requirements that such a system must meet
- Development of testing and validation procedures
- Development of maintenance, upgrading, and improvement of the system
- Planning effective means for disposal and recycling of components at an appropriate time.