- Type: Music Program
- Location: Hollywood, USA
- Duration: 1 year
- Deadline: Ongoing
GUITAR CRAFT ACADEMY
Make a Guitar From Scratch with Your Own Hands! Design It, Build It and Take It Home from Musicians Institute's Guitar Craft Academy
Do you want to be a professional luthier, an instrument manufacturer, a musician with hands-on experience, or a hobbyist who loves woodworking? Musicians Institute's Guitar Craft Academy (GCA) in Los Angeles is the ideal program to expand your knowledge of musical instruments and give you the skills to create beautiful works of art.
GCA provides intensive, hands-on training in the specialized skills of luthiery—the art of guitar building and technical maintenance. In just six months at GCA, you can design, fabricate and finish your own electric guitar, acoustic guitar, or electric bass—turning raw wood into a completed instrument of your own creation.
At Musicians Institute's Guitar Craft Academy, you'll gain detailed knowledge of:
- Guitar pickups
- Wiring modifications
- Repairs and maintenance
- Advanced electronics
- Weekly private music lessons focused on sound, design, and technique.
- Jobs at top-of-the-line manufacturers like Fender, Schecter ESP,Paul Reed Smith (PRS), Guitar Center, or other companies
- Working at a guitar maintenance and repair shop
- Being a luthier for a custom boutique shop
- Touring as a guitar or bass tech for artists and bands
- Certificate in Guitar Craft
- Provides comprehensive training in the methods and techniques of professional electric guitar/bass design, fabrication and maintenance
- Certificate in Guitar Craft, Acoustic Guitar Design
- An additional focus on steel-string acoustic guitar creation
Musicians Institute's Guitar Craft Academy hosts a highly skilled faculty with extensive experience in their field. Each department boasts a number of widely respected instructors who are able to impart to students practical information earned in professional careers.
Located at the bustling intersection of Hollywood and Highland in Los Angeles, Musicians Institute's state-of-the-art campus offers you:
- Small class sizes providing personalized interaction with teachers
- Cross-cultural interaction with students from around the world
- Networking opportunities with music industry professionals
- Clinics from visiting guest artists who have played with some of the biggest names in music
Your future is now. Enroll at MI today!
While Musicians Institute provides no guarantee that employment will result from attending or completing any program offered by the institution, we are dedicated to assisting students in finding professional opportunities. For more information on our Career Development Office, visit www.mi.edu.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.mi.edu/state-and-federal-student-consumer-disclosures.