- Type: Masters
- Location: Distance Learning
- Duration: 2+ years
- Deadline: Ongoing
Benedictine's online Masters in Public Health (MPH) degree program, accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), provides you with the tools necessary to lead organizations that deal with important public health issues such as improving access to health care and controlling infectious disease. Coursework in the online MPH program will prepare you to help improve lives and protect the health of individuals through education, promotion of healthy lifestyles and research on disease and injury prevention.
Benedictine's public health degree program equips you with the expertise you need through courses that focus on the most important emerging trends in health care, such as the effects of genetics, personal choice and the environment on public health. The program also provides an excellent educational background for those interested in pursuing further study at the doctoral level.
The Benedictine online Master's in Public Health degree is designed to cover core areas in the field and provide a scientific and practical base for public health practice. These areas include:
- Health services management
- Health policy
- Environmental health
- Behavioral and social aspects of public health
- Biological aspects of public health
In addition to these core subjects, coursework may also cover fields such as urban planning, policy, advocacy, community organizing, social work and social sustainability.
Job titles of current students and graduates include:
- Registered Nurse
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Health Educator
- Lab Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Quality Control Specialist
- Research Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
Earn Your MPH Degree With or Without a Certificate - or Just Earn a Certificate
Your online MPH is a generalist degree that you may apply to a wide range of population-based health concerns. As a health care professional, you will be on the front lines of the fight to limit health disparities and support efforts to achieve health care equity, quality and accessibility.
Add to your expertise with a certificate in one of the following areas:
- Health Management and Policy
- Emergency Preparedness
- Health Education and Promotion
If you choose not to pursue a certificate in conjunction with your master's degree, you can opt to take 12 credit hours of electives among the certificate programs.
* Dual MPH/MBA program also available online.
Why Choose Benedictine's Master of Public Health Online?
- By earning your Master of Public Health online at Benedictine, you will receive all the benefits that Benedictine offers with its rich history spanning more than 127 years of academic excellence
- Join an established program that is the second largest of its kind in Illinois
- Complete your coursework according to your own schedule with our fully online, interactive format
- Earn the same respected degree as students in the traditional, on-campus MPH program
- Get help from your personal full-time advisor when you need it
- Student Satisfaction is our #1 priority. Our Spring 2014 survey of online MPH alumni shows that:
- 88% of graduates say the online MPH program at Benedictine prepared them for their current career
- 93% of graduates reported the MPH degree has helped them get a new job or promotion
- 31% of graduates have taken advantage of the networking opportunity provided through Benedictine University
Benedictine University Online MPH Accolades
- Ranked #5 best online Master of Public Health in the Nation by thebestcolleges.org
- In addition, Benedictine is consistently ranked as one of the top master's universities in the Midwest by US News & World Report® and listed among America's Top Colleges by Forbes.
- Ranked among top online Master of Public Health Programs by thebestschools.org