- Type: Diploma
- Location: Hamilton, Canada
- Duration: 2 years
- Deadline: Ongoing
Focus on design, construction, material science and estimation and become a vital architectural team member
Architectural Technician is a two-year Ontario College Diploma program offered at Fennell Campus in Hamilton, Ontario.
Students in Mohawk's Architectural Technician program will learn residential and industrial-commercial institutional (ICI) design and construction techniques, and will acquire CAD, plan reading and visualization skills needed to create plans for today's modern structures.
- Learn residential and industrial-commercial institutional (ICI) design and construction techniques
- Acquire CAD, plan reading and visualization skills needed to create plans for today’s modern structures
- Explore building and construction materials and finishes
- Develop construction surveying skills, estimating, building code applications and regulations
- Understand how buildings work by learning the science of their materials and services
- Experience hands-on education consisting of labs and practical projects over four semesters
- Learn green building fundamentals and sustainability concepts
Graduates from this program can complete the Civil Engineering Technician Diploma with just one more year of study
Affiliations include the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) and The Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO).