- Type: M.F.A
- Location: New Jersey, USA
- Duration: 1 year
- Deadline: Ongoing
Course DescriptionCourse Details: Drew University’s Master of Fine Arts in Poetry is a two-year, low-residency program for poets and poet translators. We provide an intense immersion into poetry through workshops, public readings, lectures, critical writing, and study plans designed by each student with his/her faculty mentor-poet. We value excellence, diversity of all kinds, and we believe in building community. Out faculty is composed of award-winning poets with many publications between them. These poets are also devoted teachers who believe that their task is to teach what is teachable in poetry, and to strive to be examples of that which is intangible – the daring of the imagination, and the depth of heart and intelligence that makes great art.
- a completed application form
- two letters of recommendation
- a personal statement
- resume or c.v.
- official transcripts of all academic records, whether at the college or graduate level
- a ten-page manuscript consisting of examples of your work
- a critical essay demonstrating your ability as a critical writer
- $35 application fee
- International students whose native language is not English must submit TOEFL scores no more than two years old