International Admissions | www.uwlax.edu/oie/ia
English as a Second Language (ESL) | www.uwlax.edu/esl
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse (UW-L)
is an exceptional university with a wide range of both undergraduate and graduate academic programs. The experts at U.S.News & World Report
and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
magazine consistently rank UW-L among the best colleges in the country. There are many reasons why UW-L is a great university to attend; here are just a few:
- Public, comprehensive university founded in 1909
- Part of the prestigious University of Wisconsin System
- 10,227 students; 37 U.S. states and more than 40 countries represented
UW-La Crosse is located in southwestern Wisconsin on the scenic Mississippi River. Here you will enjoy large-city convenience and small-town warmth that supports a positive living and learning experience.
U.S.News & World Report
ranks UW-L consistently in the top five Midwest regional public universities in its edition of “America’s Best Colleges.”
consistently ranks UW-L on its list of the 100 best values in public colleges across the country — the second highest ranking of only two Wisconsin institutions to make the list.
The American Association of State Colleges and Universities
placed UW-L among 12 universities nationally for successfully graduating students. UW-L was the only Wisconsin university or college on the list.
Vice Chancellor’s Scholarship – for New International Students
In recognition of academic excellence and the value of cross-cultural sharing, UW-La Crosse offers scholarships to outstanding international applicants who are newly admitted as full-time degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate students and who meet the minimum requirements.General Admission Requirements:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Meet one of the following English requirements: TOEFL score of 73 iBT, 550 PBT, 6.0 IELTS with at least a 5.5 in all subscores, completion of our ESL program or a university approved exemption
- Conditional admission is possible for all undergraduate degree programs
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- GPA of 2.85 or higher
- Meet one of the following English requirements: TOEFL score of 79 iBT, 550 PBT, 6.0 IELTS, completion of our ESL program or a university approved exemption
- Certain graduate degree programs require additional tests (GMAT or GRE); applicant must meet admission requirement
Office of International Education
1209 Centennial Hall | 1725 State St.
La Crosse, WI 54601 USA
Office Hours: Monday-Friday
8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (CST)