Tomsk Polytechnic University - TPU
Step into the future SUCCESS through the doors of Tomsk Polytechnic University!
National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University Russia, West Siberia, Tomsk city
- Second place out of all Russian technical universities
- Among 600 top universities in the QS World University Rankings
- Among 1,000 top universities in the Ranking Web of World Universities
- Member of EUA, CESAER, CLUSTER, SEFI, WFEO and other international associations
- Quality Management System certified by the National Quality Assurance Ltd. (NQA, UK, www.nqa.com)
- Partner of more than 40 universities and educational institutions around the world
- More than 220 undergraduate, postgraduate, doctoral degree programmes in engineering, economics, humanities, linguistics in Russian and English. Short-term language courses, double degree programmes, academic exchange programmes
- Institute of International Education and Language Communication – a special department aimed at providing education and extra-curricular services for more than 2,100 international students from 40 countries
- Fifteen comfortable student hostels with modern facilities
- Rich student life in the multicultural environment of beautiful Tomsk
For prospective education come to the Russian Federation!
Russia, the biggest country in the world with rich natural resources and colorful traditions rooted deeply in its history. Russia is a homeland for 100 different nationalities and for centuries it developed respect and tolerance for other cultures and nations.
Russia has for centuries been known as a country of high intelligence, art and sciences. Annually thousands of highly skilled engineers and specialists, who receive their education in Russia, are employed by multinational companies (Microsoft, Hewlett-Packard, Samsung Electronics, Vietsopetro, Intel, General Electric, British Petroleum, Shell and etc.).
Why choose Tomsk Polytechnic University
Tomsk Polytechnic University has become one of the first technical universities in Russia to achieve the National Research University category. The century-old traditions established at the university have turned it into an elite institution of higher education and formed an elite engineering community of university graduates working all over the world. The university has great experience in teaching international students and providing them with the infrastructure for successful studying.
Choose TPU for Help and Guidance
Institute of International Education and Language Communication is a special department of TPU aimed at providing international students with different services:
- Academic consulting
- Admission and visa support
- Medical insurance and medical care
- Orientation program
- Extra-curricular activities
- Pick-up service
About 40 countries are represented at the university: Italy, Spain, France, Canada, Ghana, Korea, India, Egypt, Vietnam, Colombia, China, Nigeria, Iran, Germany, Australia, Thailand, Turkey, Brazil, Mongolia, Iraq, Ecuador, Congo, Indonesia, etc.
Choose TPU for Innovative Programmes
Explore the wide range of advanced academic programmes to find the best for you:
- A one-year Pre-university, Pre-Master, Pre-PhD courses
Goal: Russian language for degree course. Fields: Engineering, Medical/Biological, Humanities, Economics. Successful completing of the Pre-university course is the first step to enter any University of Russia.
- All-year round comprehensive Russian language courses
From elementary to proficiency levels. Training course for the State Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (TORFL 1- 3)
- Summer School, Winter School, Short-term courses
The University offers all-year round Russian language courses and Short term courses in English for group or individually.
- Academic exchanges
Taking part in the academic exchange programmes, you get an excellent chance to acquire work experience and communication skills in international research teams. Learn about our partner universities.
Choose TPU for Comfortable Accommodation
The University provides international students with accommodation in a comfortable and up-to-date hostel. Single and double rooms with shared/unshared bathroom are equipped with beds, desks, wardrobes, bedside-tables, and central heating. There is a shared well-equipped kitchen, laundry and lounge on each floor. A TV-set, fridge, electric kettle are provided in the most comfortable rooms. The hostel support personnel make your life enjoyable, and the security staff keeps your safety around the clock.
Choose TPU for Fun and Unforgettable Memories
Sport events, excursions, festivals, acquaintance with foreign traditions and cultures will not let our students become bored here. Living in the international dormitory will give you the brilliant chance to build long-time friendships and enjoy multicultural environment. Studying and living alongside with students coming from 30 countries will surely create a unique learning experience for you.
Choose TPU for Enjoying Life in a "Student city"
Tomsk has always been a student city. Six universities, 15 research institutes and six business incubators make the city one of the educational innovative centers of Russia. Despite its real age, Tomsk is a very young city in spirit. Every sixth inhabitant is a student.
The city is a very liberal and tolerant place. More and more people come to Tomsk from both the West and the East to learn Russian and to earn a degree in the educational centre of Russia. Tomsk is multi-cultural and multi-religious city being tolerant to foreign cultures and traditions.
A beneficial location in the centre of the Eurasian continent, the availability of advanced transport, a developed hotel service and high-class service industries make Tomsk a place for large-scale international events - a bridge between the West and the East.
Choose TPU for a truly amazing Siberia experience.
For those who have never been there, the cities, taiga, rivers, lakes, and swamps of Siberia merge into the traditional stereotypes of snow, frost, wilderness, and enormous distances.
Siberia is a place with breathtaking landscapes under a warm sun, with open and friendly people – carriers of Russian traditions and Siberian hospitality.
What to do in winter (the average temperature -15 °C):
- Learn Russian at TPU’s winter language school
- Read Russian classic literature in the heated modern university hostel
- Ski and snowboard
- Go to a banya (sauna)
- Try out sledging
- Go winter swimming
What to do in summer (the average temperature +19 °C):
- Learn Russian at TPU’s summer language school
- Get out to the country
- Play football, tennis or even sand hockey
The time you spend here can become a real adventure which will make studying at TPU informative, captivating and, above all, unforgettable.
Come and join
Unifying the Nations!
For more details visit our website iie.tpu.ru
APPLY NOW! FILL IN OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM PLEASE
Institute of International Education and Language Communication
Tomsk Polytechnic University
30, Lenina Prospect
Click on a course below to view more information.
- Course Title
Make an enquiry
Fill out the form below to make an enquiry regarding this college.