Why study in Canada?
Canada offers international students one of the top settings in which to study. The country has been built on immigration and diversity, meaning that when it comes to learning, new perspectives and ideas are always welcome. Canada is internationally-renowned for its work in computer and information technology, and is also a leader in aerospace engineering, biotechnology and environmental industries.
International students coming to Canada can expect to move to one of the most beautiful countries in the world, with plenty to do outside of term-time. You can go polar bear watching in Manitoba, ski in the Rocky Mountains or hit the town in Toronto.
Graduate Study in Canada
The combination of Canada's natural environment and its reputation for high-quality education are just a few of the things that attract tens of thousands of foreign students to Canada every year. International students choose to study in Canada for a number of reasons.
- Quality. Canadian degrees and diplomas are recognised throughout the world. Canadian work experience is highly desirable by multi-national companies –they actively recruit on Canadian campuses.
- Variety. Students coming to Canada have over 90 universities, 175 community colleges, several private language schools and many corporate training facilities to choose from. The education system includes strong student support services, small classes and active campus communities.
- Cost. Canada spends more per capita on education than any other country in the world. As a result, Canadian universities and colleges offer lower tuition fees for international students than their counterparts in most other countries.
- Multicultural and welcoming society. Canada's international reputation as a peace-keeping nation extends to its citizens. Students coming to Canada will experience a secure, peaceful, multicultural environment, with people who are friendly and interested in learning about other cultures.
- Standard of living. Canada has repeatedly been chosen by the UN as one of the best places to live in the world. High education levels, low cost education, a universal healthcare system, an uncompromising respect for fundamental rights and human dignity, clean and safe cities, and cosmopolitan, multicultural ethnic cities with plenty of recreational amenities are the reasons behind this.